Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Week 49

Punxsutawney Addy has seen her shadow!  Six more weeks of winter!  (Right?!  I never know which one means more winter.  I have to look it up every year!)  I will admit, this Monday Picture was a doozy.  Sunday morning I still had no clue what I was going to do.  I ended up spending nap time wandering around the craft store for ideas.  Luckily, Groundhog's Day was later in the week and was able to save my Monday Picturing life.  After 45 minutes of walking up and down aisles, this is what I came up with.  I have to wonder what the employees think of me as I roam aimlessly around the store for so long.   Good thing there are a few craft stores in the area so I can change it up, and not make some "weirdo" list they have in the security room!
This lovely patch of grass is a green trifold board that would typically be used for science experiments.  With that in mind, I created my own experiment but finding which tool would make the biggest mess while cutting out the hole.  Three tools later, I had a jagged hole that I found super irritating.  But time was a'wasting!    I propped up the board and scattered fake grass all over it.  Addy was intrigued by it, which helped get the shot.  I plopped a monkey headband on her head (not quite groundhog ear, but a better choice than elephant ears.  This was panic time, people!) and I sat her in the hole.  My lovely assistant stood behind her with a high powered flashlight to create her shadow.  Move over, Phil.  Here comes Addy.

No comments:

Post a Comment