Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 41







Nutcrackers can be intimidating little Christmas figures, especially the tall ones.  Have you found the sweetest Nutcracker ever?  When I posted this picture originally, many people didn't even know she was in there!  Addy had some confused fans.  I was so determined to take this picture that it took several tries.  The background is the same red curtain from the apple bushel.  She is wearing a military pea coat from Old Navy (she already had this, I didn't buy it just for this photo... surprisingly!), a pair of leggings, my belt, and my socks pulled up to look like boots.  I made her hat from a top hat I had and stuck stickers on it to mimic the other Nutcrackers' hats.  PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN.  You know, the man you can't see because I blocked his arms.  Addy couldn't stand up on her own and my lovely assistant is behind the fancy backdrop holding her up.  His arms are blocked by the taller nutcrackers and I used a little Photoshop cloning to hide any other visible part.  The red cheeks are also done with Photoshop because she isn't allowed to wear makeup yet.  I told her to give me the Nutcracker look and she played the part perfectly.  Isn't she a genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment