Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Way back in the beginning...

As of February 2011, I was the last of my local friends to have a baby.  This meant 2 things: 1) I learned that babies piddle in the water during bath time and  2)  I could gather (err... steal) plenty of fun ideas to do with my own little bundle of joy.  One of the first ideas was documenting my baby's growth with a weekly picture (Thanks, Jen!).  While doctors and books were telling me to write a birth plan, I was busy formulating my weekly picture.  The numbers I needed, all the way up to 52, were already printed from my wedding (I was one of those wedding planning nerds that found every crafty idea and broke the bank trying to copy them.  I honestly believed that I would somehow develop an artistic streak overnight and magically learn to paint and decoupage my way into the Louvre).  My plan was to put the baby on the brown papasan chair every week with the respective number and take a picture.  It certainly started that way, but it grew into more than I had ever expected!  Adeline is now at week 48 and I'm so excited by the following of fans she has developed through her simple cuteness and natural charm (a mommy can brag if she wants)!  These photos are a great memoir of her first year and also a documentation of how I have grown as a photographer.  Through this blog I hope to share what I have done with my daughter and inspire you to give it a try!  I will start with week 1 and post as quickly as I can to catch you up!  And bear with the quality of the images.. they improved as I learned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment