Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 10

On her 10th Monday, I figured she was old enough for a day out with the girls.  She had certainly earned it, after the endless nights of watching Roseanne reruns and recorded episodes of Sister Wives with me.  Trying to keep with the natural lighting, I dragged her rocking chair down the stairs.  With the papasan chair sulking in the corner, I hung the white sheet on the wall with a tape.  And speaking of massive wrinkles... yikers.  I wanted her to match her new girlfriends so I scrounged around for something pink (HA!) and took a diaper cover from another outfit.   She obviously could not sit up on her own or hold her head up, so I positioned a baby blanket behind her back and head.  I also needed to have her leaning back to avoid a dangerous face plant.  This way she was comfortable enough to stay there while I fumbled with my camera and pretended to know what I was doing- in between fits of giggles at the image I had created!  Voila!  A gang of girlies!


P.S.  This might be a good time to say that I never, ever, ever put her at risk for these pictures. I always made her very comfortable in whatever scenario I created.  It seems silly to have to say this, but I DID hear a few comments over the past year fearing either discomfort or danger.  AH!  Never, people!  I may have been obsessed with photographing her, but I was more obsessed with HER.  I wouldn't risk even a scratch doing it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment