Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 28

Mirror, mirror on the wall... I know who's the fairest so I won't even bother to ask! :)  Not long before this, Addy had discovered herself in the mirror and watching her watch herself left everyone in hysterics.    This was the most difficult setup thus far because I needed the background to be all black.  I created a U-shape with black sheets and the couch.  I hung one sheet from the wall and leaned the mirror up against it.  I pulled the sheet along the right side and spread it along the back of the couch, then hung another sheet on the baby swing behind her.  This created the U, and the opening was toward the window.  Hope I didn't confuse you with that description!  You can actually just do this in Photoshop but I didn't know anything about editing yet and had to go the difficult route. I set up my tripod and focused on a vase before she was in the shot so I would be ready for her immediate reaction.  I covered the mirror and sat her down in front of it.  My plan was to whip off the blanket and start snapping as soon as she saw herself, but the little monkey peeked behind the blanket.  I have a cute picture of that, too :).  I just pulled off the blanket and let her babble to the pretty girl in the mirror.  I ended up with several great shots!  If you try this one- which I totally recommend- make sure your mirror is secure.  As you can see,  her hands all over it.  You don't want the mirror to tip over onto your little one, no matter how light it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment